"I AM HE"
Key Verse: 4:26
Then Jesus declared, “I, the one speaking to you - I am he.”
1. How did Jesus come to Sychar? (1-5) What was the spiritual condition of Samaria, and how did this effect the relationship between Jews and Samaritans? (9b; 2 Ki 17:24-33) What was Jesus’ physical condition? (6-8)
2. Who came to the well? (7) What does coming by herself in the middle of the day suggest about her? How does Jesus begin conversation with her? How did she respond and why? (9) Nevertheless, what did Jesus offer her? (10) What can we learn here about Jesus?
3. What puzzled the woman about Jesus’ words? (11) Why do you think she brought up Jacob? (12) How is the water that Jesus gives different from that in Jacob’s well? (13-14) What might the water in Jacob’s well represent? How do people try to quench their inner thirst in our time? Who can quench our thirst?
4. What does the woman’s request reveal about her change in attitude toward Jesus? (15) How did Jesus’ words challenge her to confront her life problem? (16) In what respect did the woman tell the truth, and evade the truth? (17) What did Jesus reveal about himself through his answer to her? (18)
5. What did the woman recognize about Jesus? (19) Why do you think she asked about the place of worship? (20) What did Jesus teach about God, salvation and worship? (21-24)
6. Read verses 25-26. What conclusion did the woman come to after hearing Jesus’ teaching? (25) What declaration did Jesus make about himself to her? (26) How did it change her life? (28-29; 39-41) What do Jesus’ words “I am he” mean to you?
|422||John 4:27-42 "Jesus Really is the Savior of the World"||admin||2017.11.12||80|
|»||John 4:1-26 "I am He"||admin||2017.11.05||59|
|420||Phillippians 2:12-30 "Work out for your salvation."||M. PK||2017.10.29||62|
|419||John 3:16-36 God so loved the world||admin||2017.10.22||65|
|418||John 3:1-15 To See the Kingdom of God||admin||2017.10.15||60|
|417||John 2:12-25 Jesus is the Temple||M. PK||2017.10.08||70|
|416||John 2:1-11 "Jesus reveals his glory."||M. PK||2017.10.01||60|
|415||Johm 01:35-51 "We have found the Messiah."||M. PK||2017.09.24||67|
|414||John 1:19 -34 Look the Lamb of God||M. PK||2017.09.17||60|
|413||John 1:14-18 "The Word became Flesh"||M. PK||2017.09.10||80|
|412||John 1:1-13 "Jesus, The Light of Life"||M. PK||2017.09.03||60|
|411||Act :1-26 "The World Mission Command"||M. PK||2017.08.27||86|
|410||Mark 13:1-25 Preach the Gospel in this world||M. PK||2017.08.21||67|
|409||Luke 21:1-38 "The Son of Man Coming"||M. PK||2017.07.09||101|
|408||Luke 20:20-47 He is the God of the Living||M. PK||2017.07.02||71|
|407||Luke 20:1-19 Jesus The Rejected Stone, The Cornerstone||M. PK||2017.06.25||92|
|406||Luke 19:28-48 "Blessed is the King..."||M. PK||2017.06.18||89|
|405||Luke 19:11-27 "Put this money to work until Jesus returns."||M. PK||2017.06.11||96|
|404||Luke 19:1-10 Jesus came to seek and to save the lost.||M. PK||2017.06.04||91|
|403||Luke 18:31-43 "Son of Man, Son of David"||M. PK||2017.05.28||82|