THE SON OF MAN COMING
Key Verse: 21:27
“At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.”
1. Who did Jesus turn his disciples’ attention to (1-4)? Why did Jesus value her offering more than others? What should his disciples learn?
2. What occupied the disciples’ attention (5)? What did Jesus teach about the destiny of the temple (6)? Why might this have surprised his disciples? What were their two questions (7)?
3. What signs did Jesus give, and what instructions accompanied them (8-11)? What would happen to disciples and why (12,16-17)? How should they respond (13,14-15,18-19)? How is this relevant to us today?
4. What would happen to Jerusalem and why (20-24; 19:44)? Who would be spared and why? In view of God’s redemptive history why is this significant?
5. What signs would immediately precede Jesus’ coming again (25-26)? Read verse 27. What will the coming of the Son of Man be like? What does this reveal about who Jesus is? Why is this important for disciples and us (28)?
6. What can we learn from the fig tree (29-31)? What does Jesus teach about his words (32-33)? What dangers do we face as we await Jesus’ coming and how can we avoid them (34-36)? How did Jesus spend his final days (37-38)?
|»||Luke 21:1-38 "The Son of Man Coming"||M. PK||2017.07.09||49|
|408||Luke 20:20-47 He is the God of the Living||M. PK||2017.07.02||29|
|407||Luke 20:1-19 Jesus The Rejected Stone, The Cornerstone||M. PK||2017.06.25||43|
|406||Luke 19:28-48 "Blessed is the King..."||M. PK||2017.06.18||35|
|405||Luke 19:11-27 "Put this money to work until Jesus returns."||M. PK||2017.06.11||41|
|404||Luke 19:1-10 Jesus came to seek and to save the lost.||M. PK||2017.06.04||46|
|403||Luke 18:31-43 "Son of Man, Son of David"||M. PK||2017.05.28||39|
|402||Luke 18:15-30 The Kingdom of God belongs to such as these||M. PK||2017.05.22||38|
|401||MT 5 Jesus came to fulfill the law||M. PK||2017.05.17||19|
|400||Mt5:17-48 Jesus came to fulfull the law||M. PK||2017.05.14||17|
|399||Luke 18:1-14 "Always Pray and Not Give up."||M. PK||2017.05.07||42|
|398||Luke 17:2-37 "The Kingdom of God Coming Through The Son of Man"||M. PK||2017.04.30||42|
|397||Luke 17:2-37 "The Kingdom of God Coming Through The Son of Man"||M. PK||2017.05.01||46|
|396||Luke 17:11-19 "Your Faith Has Made Your Well."||M. PK||2017.04.23||78|
|395||Luke 24:36-53 "You are witnesses of these things."||M. PK||2017.04.16||58|
|394||Luke 22:39-62 "Not My Will, But Yours Be Done."||M. PK||2017.04.02||64|
|393||Luke 22:1-38 "The New Covenant"||M. PK||2017.03.26||71|
|392||Luke 17:1-10 "We are unworthy Servants."||M. PK||2017.03.19||89|
|391||Luke 16:14-31 "Let them Listen to Moses and the Prophets"||M. PK||2017.03.12||56|
|390||Luke 16:1-13 "Use Worldly Wealth To Gain Friends."||M. PK||2017.03.05||62|