HE IS THE GOD OF THE LIVING
Key Verse: 20:38
“He is not the God of the dead, but of the living, for to him all are alive.”
1. Who sent spies to Jesus and what was their purpose (20)? How did they try to flatter Jesus (21)? What did they ask him (22)? Why was this a trap?
2. What was Jesus’ answer and how did it silence them (23-26)? What duty should we do to Caesar and to God?
3. Who were the Sadducees (27; Ac 23:8)? What tragic story did they tell and what was their question (28-33)? How did this plant doubt in the reality of the resurrection? What does this reveal about their world view?
4. What did Jesus teach about the difference between the present time and the age to come (34-36)? Read verses 37-38. Based on Moses’ account, what did Jesus teach about God and resurrection (Ex 3:6)? What hope does this give us?
5. How did the teachers of the law respond (39-40)? What question did Jesus ask them (41-44)? What did Jesus want to teach about himself?
6. What warning did Jesus give his disciples (45-46a)? How did Jesus described the religious leaders’ lifestyle (46b-47a)? What would happen to them (47b)?
|409||Luke 21:1-38 "The Son of Man Coming"||M. PK||2017.07.09||49|
|»||Luke 20:20-47 He is the God of the Living||M. PK||2017.07.02||29|
|407||Luke 20:1-19 Jesus The Rejected Stone, The Cornerstone||M. PK||2017.06.25||43|
|406||Luke 19:28-48 "Blessed is the King..."||M. PK||2017.06.18||35|
|405||Luke 19:11-27 "Put this money to work until Jesus returns."||M. PK||2017.06.11||41|
|404||Luke 19:1-10 Jesus came to seek and to save the lost.||M. PK||2017.06.04||46|
|403||Luke 18:31-43 "Son of Man, Son of David"||M. PK||2017.05.28||39|
|402||Luke 18:15-30 The Kingdom of God belongs to such as these||M. PK||2017.05.22||38|
|401||MT 5 Jesus came to fulfill the law||M. PK||2017.05.17||19|
|400||Mt5:17-48 Jesus came to fulfull the law||M. PK||2017.05.14||17|
|399||Luke 18:1-14 "Always Pray and Not Give up."||M. PK||2017.05.07||42|
|398||Luke 17:2-37 "The Kingdom of God Coming Through The Son of Man"||M. PK||2017.04.30||42|
|397||Luke 17:2-37 "The Kingdom of God Coming Through The Son of Man"||M. PK||2017.05.01||46|
|396||Luke 17:11-19 "Your Faith Has Made Your Well."||M. PK||2017.04.23||78|
|395||Luke 24:36-53 "You are witnesses of these things."||M. PK||2017.04.16||58|
|394||Luke 22:39-62 "Not My Will, But Yours Be Done."||M. PK||2017.04.02||64|
|393||Luke 22:1-38 "The New Covenant"||M. PK||2017.03.26||71|
|392||Luke 17:1-10 "We are unworthy Servants."||M. PK||2017.03.19||89|
|391||Luke 16:14-31 "Let them Listen to Moses and the Prophets"||M. PK||2017.03.12||56|
|390||Luke 16:1-13 "Use Worldly Wealth To Gain Friends."||M. PK||2017.03.05||62|