JESUS THE REJECTED STONE, THE CORNERSTONE
Key Verse: 20:17
“Jesus looked directly at them and asked, ‘Then what is the meaning of that which is written: The stone the builders rejected has become the cornerstone?’”
1. What was Jesus doing in the temple courts (1a)? Who challenged Jesus’ authority and why (1b-2)? What does Jesus’ counter-question teach (3-8)?
2. In Jesus’ parable, what did the owner do (9-10a)? What does this show about him? What did the tenants do (10b-12)? In what way does this picture God’s relationship with Israel (Isa 5:1-2)?
3. What unexpected decision did the owner make and with what purpose (13)? How did the tenants respond and why (14-15a)? How does this parable illustrate God’s patient love and fallen man’s wickedness?
4. What will the owner do with them (15b-16a)? How did the people react to Jesus’ parable (16b)? Why do you think they were so surprised?
5. Read verse 17. How does Jesus relate his parable to Psalm 118:22? In what way is Jesus the stone the builders rejected who became the cornerstone (Ac 2:23-24; Ac 4:11-12)? What does this mean to us (Eph 2:19-20; 1Pe 2:6)?
|422||John 4:27-42 "Jesus Really is the Savior of the World"||admin||2017.11.12||59|
|421||John 4:1-26 "I am He"||admin||2017.11.05||42|
|420||Phillippians 2:12-30 "Work out for your salvation."||M. PK||2017.10.29||51|
|419||John 3:16-36 God so loved the world||admin||2017.10.22||53|
|418||John 3:1-15 To See the Kingdom of God||admin||2017.10.15||48|
|417||John 2:12-25 Jesus is the Temple||M. PK||2017.10.08||56|
|416||John 2:1-11 "Jesus reveals his glory."||M. PK||2017.10.01||57|
|415||Johm 01:35-51 "We have found the Messiah."||M. PK||2017.09.24||65|
|414||John 1:19 -34 Look the Lamb of God||M. PK||2017.09.17||54|
|413||John 1:14-18 "The Word became Flesh"||M. PK||2017.09.10||73|
|412||John 1:1-13 "Jesus, The Light of Life"||M. PK||2017.09.03||57|
|411||Act :1-26 "The World Mission Command"||M. PK||2017.08.27||82|
|410||Mark 13:1-25 Preach the Gospel in this world||M. PK||2017.08.21||64|
|409||Luke 21:1-38 "The Son of Man Coming"||M. PK||2017.07.09||97|
|408||Luke 20:20-47 He is the God of the Living||M. PK||2017.07.02||68|
|»||Luke 20:1-19 Jesus The Rejected Stone, The Cornerstone||M. PK||2017.06.25||87|
|406||Luke 19:28-48 "Blessed is the King..."||M. PK||2017.06.18||81|
|405||Luke 19:11-27 "Put this money to work until Jesus returns."||M. PK||2017.06.11||90|
|404||Luke 19:1-10 Jesus came to seek and to save the lost.||M. PK||2017.06.04||86|
|403||Luke 18:31-43 "Son of Man, Son of David"||M. PK||2017.05.28||79|