JESUS THE REJECTED STONE, THE CORNERSTONE
Key Verse: 20:17
“Jesus looked directly at them and asked, ‘Then what is the meaning of that which is written: The stone the builders rejected has become the cornerstone?’”
1. What was Jesus doing in the temple courts (1a)? Who challenged Jesus’ authority and why (1b-2)? What does Jesus’ counter-question teach (3-8)?
2. In Jesus’ parable, what did the owner do (9-10a)? What does this show about him? What did the tenants do (10b-12)? In what way does this picture God’s relationship with Israel (Isa 5:1-2)?
3. What unexpected decision did the owner make and with what purpose (13)? How did the tenants respond and why (14-15a)? How does this parable illustrate God’s patient love and fallen man’s wickedness?
4. What will the owner do with them (15b-16a)? How did the people react to Jesus’ parable (16b)? Why do you think they were so surprised?
5. Read verse 17. How does Jesus relate his parable to Psalm 118:22? In what way is Jesus the stone the builders rejected who became the cornerstone (Ac 2:23-24; Ac 4:11-12)? What does this mean to us (Eph 2:19-20; 1Pe 2:6)?
|409||Luke 21:1-38 "The Son of Man Coming"||M. PK||2017.07.09||49|
|408||Luke 20:20-47 He is the God of the Living||M. PK||2017.07.02||29|
|»||Luke 20:1-19 Jesus The Rejected Stone, The Cornerstone||M. PK||2017.06.25||43|
|406||Luke 19:28-48 "Blessed is the King..."||M. PK||2017.06.18||35|
|405||Luke 19:11-27 "Put this money to work until Jesus returns."||M. PK||2017.06.11||41|
|404||Luke 19:1-10 Jesus came to seek and to save the lost.||M. PK||2017.06.04||46|
|403||Luke 18:31-43 "Son of Man, Son of David"||M. PK||2017.05.28||39|
|402||Luke 18:15-30 The Kingdom of God belongs to such as these||M. PK||2017.05.22||38|
|401||MT 5 Jesus came to fulfill the law||M. PK||2017.05.17||19|
|400||Mt5:17-48 Jesus came to fulfull the law||M. PK||2017.05.14||17|
|399||Luke 18:1-14 "Always Pray and Not Give up."||M. PK||2017.05.07||42|
|398||Luke 17:2-37 "The Kingdom of God Coming Through The Son of Man"||M. PK||2017.04.30||42|
|397||Luke 17:2-37 "The Kingdom of God Coming Through The Son of Man"||M. PK||2017.05.01||46|
|396||Luke 17:11-19 "Your Faith Has Made Your Well."||M. PK||2017.04.23||78|
|395||Luke 24:36-53 "You are witnesses of these things."||M. PK||2017.04.16||58|
|394||Luke 22:39-62 "Not My Will, But Yours Be Done."||M. PK||2017.04.02||64|
|393||Luke 22:1-38 "The New Covenant"||M. PK||2017.03.26||71|
|392||Luke 17:1-10 "We are unworthy Servants."||M. PK||2017.03.19||89|
|391||Luke 16:14-31 "Let them Listen to Moses and the Prophets"||M. PK||2017.03.12||56|
|390||Luke 16:1-13 "Use Worldly Wealth To Gain Friends."||M. PK||2017.03.05||62|