“BLESSED IS THE KING…”
Key verse 38
“‘Blessed is the king who comes in the name of the Lord!’ ‘Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!’”
1. What had Jesus been talking about (28; 11-27)? Why does Luke mention again that Jesus is going on ahead, up to Jerusalem (9:51; 18:31)?
2. As Jesus neared Jerusalem, what mission did he give two of his disciples (29-30)? What problem did he foresee, and how did they deal with it (31-34)? What does “the Lord needs it” tell us about Jesus?
3. How did the crowds respond to Jesus entering Jerusalem (35-38)? What is being fulfilled here (Ps 118:26; Zech 9:9)? How did Jesus respond to the Pharisees (39-40)? What does this event reveal about Jesus’ kingship? How should we respond to King Jesus?
4. What did Jesus do when he saw the city of Jerusalem (41-42)? What tragedy did he prophesy (43-44)? What does this show about King Jesus?
5. Where did Jesus go first and what did he do there (45)? Why (46)? How should God’s house be used? What did Jesus do daily in the temple, and how did the religious leaders and people respond (47-48)? What do Jesus’ actions reveal about who he is?
|409||Luke 21:1-38 "The Son of Man Coming"||M. PK||2017.07.09||49|
|408||Luke 20:20-47 He is the God of the Living||M. PK||2017.07.02||29|
|407||Luke 20:1-19 Jesus The Rejected Stone, The Cornerstone||M. PK||2017.06.25||43|
|»||Luke 19:28-48 "Blessed is the King..."||M. PK||2017.06.18||35|
|405||Luke 19:11-27 "Put this money to work until Jesus returns."||M. PK||2017.06.11||41|
|404||Luke 19:1-10 Jesus came to seek and to save the lost.||M. PK||2017.06.04||46|
|403||Luke 18:31-43 "Son of Man, Son of David"||M. PK||2017.05.28||39|
|402||Luke 18:15-30 The Kingdom of God belongs to such as these||M. PK||2017.05.22||38|
|401||MT 5 Jesus came to fulfill the law||M. PK||2017.05.17||19|
|400||Mt5:17-48 Jesus came to fulfull the law||M. PK||2017.05.14||17|
|399||Luke 18:1-14 "Always Pray and Not Give up."||M. PK||2017.05.07||42|
|398||Luke 17:2-37 "The Kingdom of God Coming Through The Son of Man"||M. PK||2017.04.30||42|
|397||Luke 17:2-37 "The Kingdom of God Coming Through The Son of Man"||M. PK||2017.05.01||46|
|396||Luke 17:11-19 "Your Faith Has Made Your Well."||M. PK||2017.04.23||78|
|395||Luke 24:36-53 "You are witnesses of these things."||M. PK||2017.04.16||58|
|394||Luke 22:39-62 "Not My Will, But Yours Be Done."||M. PK||2017.04.02||64|
|393||Luke 22:1-38 "The New Covenant"||M. PK||2017.03.26||71|
|392||Luke 17:1-10 "We are unworthy Servants."||M. PK||2017.03.19||89|
|391||Luke 16:14-31 "Let them Listen to Moses and the Prophets"||M. PK||2017.03.12||56|
|390||Luke 16:1-13 "Use Worldly Wealth To Gain Friends."||M. PK||2017.03.05||62|