PUT THIS MONEY TO WORK UNTIL JESUS RETURNS
Key Verse: 19:13
“So he called ten of his servants and gave them ten minas. ‘Put this money to work,’ he said, ‘until I come back.’”
1. While they were listening, what did Jesus tell them and why (11)? Why did people relate Jesus’ entering Jerusalem to the kingdom of God? In the parable, how would the man of noble birth become king (12)? Who does this represent?
2. Read verse 13. What task did the man give his servants? What did it mean to the servants to “put this money to work until I come back”? What does it mean to us? In contrast, what did the subjects do and why (14)?
3. What happened to the man of noble birth (15a)? Upon his return, what did the king do first (15b)? On what basis and how did he reward the first two servants (16-19)? What can we learn here about stewardship, accountability and reward?
4. What was the report of the third servant (20)? What excuse did he give for failing to obey his king (21)? How did the king judge and punish him (22-24)? Why did the king call him “wicked”?
5. What surprised those standing nearby (25)? What principle did Jesus give to explain the king’s action (26)? What did the king do to his enemies (27)? In light of this parable, what does Jesus want us to do until he returns?
|406||Luke 19:28-48 "Blessed is the King..."||M. PK||2017.06.18||6|
|»||Luke 19:11-27 "Put this money to work until Jesus returns."||M. PK||2017.06.11||22|
|404||Luke 19:1-10 Jesus came to seek and to save the lost.||M. PK||2017.06.04||34|
|403||Luke 18:31-43 "Son of Man, Son of David"||M. PK||2017.05.28||29|
|402||Luke 18:15-30 The Kingdom of God belongs to such as these||M. PK||2017.05.22||29|
|401||MT 5 Jesus came to fulfill the law||M. PK||2017.05.17||10|
|400||Mt5:17-48 Jesus came to fulfull the law||M. PK||2017.05.14||9|
|399||Luke 18:1-14 "Always Pray and Not Give up."||M. PK||2017.05.07||32|
|398||Luke 17:2-37 "The Kingdom of God Coming Through The Son of Man"||M. PK||2017.04.30||34|
|397||Luke 17:2-37 "The Kingdom of God Coming Through The Son of Man"||M. PK||2017.05.01||36|
|396||Luke 17:11-19 "Your Faith Has Made Your Well."||M. PK||2017.04.23||67|
|395||Luke 24:36-53 "You are witnesses of these things."||M. PK||2017.04.16||48|
|394||Luke 22:39-62 "Not My Will, But Yours Be Done."||M. PK||2017.04.02||53|
|393||Luke 22:1-38 "The New Covenant"||M. PK||2017.03.26||64|
|392||Luke 17:1-10 "We are unworthy Servants."||M. PK||2017.03.19||77|
|391||Luke 16:14-31 "Let them Listen to Moses and the Prophets"||M. PK||2017.03.12||48|
|390||Luke 16:1-13 "Use Worldly Wealth To Gain Friends."||M. PK||2017.03.05||52|
|389||Luke 15:11-32 "The Parable Of The Forgiving Father"||M. PK||2017.02.26||62|
|388||Mark 10:32-45 Jesus' Servant Leadership||M. PK||2017.02.19||54|
|387||Luke 15:1-10 "Rejoice over one sinner who repents"||M. PK||2017.02.12||71|