PUT THIS MONEY TO WORK UNTIL JESUS RETURNS
Key Verse: 19:13
“So he called ten of his servants and gave them ten minas. ‘Put this money to work,’ he said, ‘until I come back.’”
1. While they were listening, what did Jesus tell them and why (11)? Why did people relate Jesus’ entering Jerusalem to the kingdom of God? In the parable, how would the man of noble birth become king (12)? Who does this represent?
2. Read verse 13. What task did the man give his servants? What did it mean to the servants to “put this money to work until I come back”? What does it mean to us? In contrast, what did the subjects do and why (14)?
3. What happened to the man of noble birth (15a)? Upon his return, what did the king do first (15b)? On what basis and how did he reward the first two servants (16-19)? What can we learn here about stewardship, accountability and reward?
4. What was the report of the third servant (20)? What excuse did he give for failing to obey his king (21)? How did the king judge and punish him (22-24)? Why did the king call him “wicked”?
5. What surprised those standing nearby (25)? What principle did Jesus give to explain the king’s action (26)? What did the king do to his enemies (27)? In light of this parable, what does Jesus want us to do until he returns?
|422||John 4:27-42 "Jesus Really is the Savior of the World"||admin||2017.11.12||59|
|421||John 4:1-26 "I am He"||admin||2017.11.05||42|
|420||Phillippians 2:12-30 "Work out for your salvation."||M. PK||2017.10.29||51|
|419||John 3:16-36 God so loved the world||admin||2017.10.22||53|
|418||John 3:1-15 To See the Kingdom of God||admin||2017.10.15||48|
|417||John 2:12-25 Jesus is the Temple||M. PK||2017.10.08||56|
|416||John 2:1-11 "Jesus reveals his glory."||M. PK||2017.10.01||57|
|415||Johm 01:35-51 "We have found the Messiah."||M. PK||2017.09.24||65|
|414||John 1:19 -34 Look the Lamb of God||M. PK||2017.09.17||54|
|413||John 1:14-18 "The Word became Flesh"||M. PK||2017.09.10||73|
|412||John 1:1-13 "Jesus, The Light of Life"||M. PK||2017.09.03||57|
|411||Act :1-26 "The World Mission Command"||M. PK||2017.08.27||82|
|410||Mark 13:1-25 Preach the Gospel in this world||M. PK||2017.08.21||64|
|409||Luke 21:1-38 "The Son of Man Coming"||M. PK||2017.07.09||97|
|408||Luke 20:20-47 He is the God of the Living||M. PK||2017.07.02||68|
|407||Luke 20:1-19 Jesus The Rejected Stone, The Cornerstone||M. PK||2017.06.25||87|
|406||Luke 19:28-48 "Blessed is the King..."||M. PK||2017.06.18||81|
|»||Luke 19:11-27 "Put this money to work until Jesus returns."||M. PK||2017.06.11||90|
|404||Luke 19:1-10 Jesus came to seek and to save the lost.||M. PK||2017.06.04||86|
|403||Luke 18:31-43 "Son of Man, Son of David"||M. PK||2017.05.28||79|