JESUS CAME TO SEEK AND TO SAVE THE LOST
Key Verse: 19:10
“For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.”
1. Where was Jesus going (1)? Who was Zacchaeus (2)? Why did he want to see Jesus (3)? What did he do in order to see Jesus (4)? What does this tell us about him (Dt 4:29)?
2. When he reached the spot, what did Jesus do (5)? What is significant about calling Zacchaeus by name? What do the words “must stay at your house” indicate? How did this encounter come about?
3. How did Zacchaeus respond to Jesus’ call and what does this show about him (6)? How did the townspeople respond and why (7)? What does this tell us about Jesus?
4. When Jesus came to his house, what new decision did Zacchaeus make (8)? What does this show about him? How did Jesus respond to his repentance (9)? What did “Today,” “salvation” and “son of Abraham” mean to Zacchaeus?
5. Read verse 10. What does Jesus teach about his purpose in coming? How is this a precise expression of God’s own heart (Lk 5:31-32; 15:20)? What does this mean to us?
|406||Luke 19:28-48 "Blessed is the King..."||M. PK||2017.06.18||6|
|405||Luke 19:11-27 "Put this money to work until Jesus returns."||M. PK||2017.06.11||22|
|»||Luke 19:1-10 Jesus came to seek and to save the lost.||M. PK||2017.06.04||34|
|403||Luke 18:31-43 "Son of Man, Son of David"||M. PK||2017.05.28||29|
|402||Luke 18:15-30 The Kingdom of God belongs to such as these||M. PK||2017.05.22||29|
|401||MT 5 Jesus came to fulfill the law||M. PK||2017.05.17||10|
|400||Mt5:17-48 Jesus came to fulfull the law||M. PK||2017.05.14||9|
|399||Luke 18:1-14 "Always Pray and Not Give up."||M. PK||2017.05.07||32|
|398||Luke 17:2-37 "The Kingdom of God Coming Through The Son of Man"||M. PK||2017.04.30||34|
|397||Luke 17:2-37 "The Kingdom of God Coming Through The Son of Man"||M. PK||2017.05.01||36|
|396||Luke 17:11-19 "Your Faith Has Made Your Well."||M. PK||2017.04.23||67|
|395||Luke 24:36-53 "You are witnesses of these things."||M. PK||2017.04.16||48|
|394||Luke 22:39-62 "Not My Will, But Yours Be Done."||M. PK||2017.04.02||53|
|393||Luke 22:1-38 "The New Covenant"||M. PK||2017.03.26||64|
|392||Luke 17:1-10 "We are unworthy Servants."||M. PK||2017.03.19||77|
|391||Luke 16:14-31 "Let them Listen to Moses and the Prophets"||M. PK||2017.03.12||48|
|390||Luke 16:1-13 "Use Worldly Wealth To Gain Friends."||M. PK||2017.03.05||52|
|389||Luke 15:11-32 "The Parable Of The Forgiving Father"||M. PK||2017.02.26||62|
|388||Mark 10:32-45 Jesus' Servant Leadership||M. PK||2017.02.19||54|
|387||Luke 15:1-10 "Rejoice over one sinner who repents"||M. PK||2017.02.12||71|