THE KINGDOM OF GOD BELONGS TO SUCH AS THESE
Key Verse: 18:16
1. For what reason did people bring babies to Jesus (15a)? Why did the disciples rebuke them (15b)? What did Jesus do (16a)? What did he want his disciples to learn?
2. Read verses 16-17. To whom does the kingdom of God belong? Who will never enter the kingdom of God and why? What does it mean to receive it like a little child?
3. Who came to Jesus and with what question (18)? How did Jesus correct his concept of goodness (19)? What specific commands did Jesus remind him of, and why (20)? What does the man’s answer show about his view of himself and the law (21)?
4. What instruction, promise and invitation did Jesus give him (22)? How does this expose and solve the man’s fundamental problem? How did the rich man respond and why (23)? In view of this, what general teaching does Jesus give (24-25)?
5. What did the disciples ask (26)? Who can save us (27)? What contrast does Peter’s response reveal between the disciples and the rich man (28)? What promise did Jesus give (29-30)? In light of this passage, how can we receive the kingdom of God?
|»||Luke 18:15-30 The Kingdom of God belongs to such as these||M. PK||2017.05.22||71|
|401||MT 5 Jesus came to fulfill the law||M. PK||2017.05.17||58|
|400||Mt5:17-48 Jesus came to fulfull the law||M. PK||2017.05.14||47|
|399||Luke 18:1-14 "Always Pray and Not Give up."||M. PK||2017.05.07||71|
|398||Luke 17:2-37 "The Kingdom of God Coming Through The Son of Man"||M. PK||2017.04.30||70|
|397||Luke 17:2-37 "The Kingdom of God Coming Through The Son of Man"||M. PK||2017.04.30||64|
|396||Luke 17:11-19 "Your Faith Has Made Your Well."||M. PK||2017.04.23||98|
|395||Luke 24:36-53 "You are witnesses of these things."||M. PK||2017.04.16||75|
|394||Luke 22:39-62 "Not My Will, But Yours Be Done."||M. PK||2017.04.02||78|
|393||Luke 22:1-38 "The New Covenant"||M. PK||2017.03.26||85|
|392||Luke 17:1-10 "We are unworthy Servants."||M. PK||2017.03.19||123|
|391||Luke 16:14-31 "Let them Listen to Moses and the Prophets"||M. PK||2017.03.12||72|
|390||Luke 16:1-13 "Use Worldly Wealth To Gain Friends."||M. PK||2017.03.05||75|
|389||Luke 15:11-32 "The Parable Of The Forgiving Father"||M. PK||2017.02.26||79|
|388||Mark 10:32-45 Jesus' Servant Leadership||M. PK||2017.02.19||70|
|387||Luke 15:1-10 "Rejoice over one sinner who repents"||M. PK||2017.02.12||95|
|386||Luke 14:25-35 "The Cost of Being Jesus' Disciple"||M. PK||2017.02.05||79|
|385||Luke 14:01-24 "Bring In The Poor, The Crippled, The Blind, And The Lame"||M. PK||2017.01.29||95|
|384||Luke 13:22-25 "Make Every Effort To Enter Through The Narrow Door"||M. PK||2017.01.22||87|
|383||Luke 13:10-21 "Woman, You are set free from your infirmity."||M. PK||2017.01.08||91|