JESUS CAME TO FULFILL THE LAW
(Sermon on the Mount Part 2)
Key Verse: 5:17
1. Read verse 17. What does it mean that Jesus came to fulfill the Law and the Prophets? What does Jesus teach about the Law (18)? Who is called “least” or “great” in the kingdom of heaven (19)? Why must our righteousness surpass that of the Pharisees (20)?
2. What does the Law say about murder (21; Ex 20:13)? What does Jesus teach about it (22)? Why are anger and hatred so serious? Why should we reconcile with others before giving a gift to God (23-24)? Why is it important to settle matters quickly with adversaries (25-26)?
3. What does the Law say about adultery (27; Ex 20:14)? What does Jesus teach (28)? What is wrong with looking lustfully? How seriously should we deal with what causes us to stumble (29-30)? What did Jesus teach about divorce (31-32)?
4. What is the Old Testament emphasis on vows (33; Nu 30:2)? Why did Jesus teach not to take vows at all (34-36)? What is Jesus’ principle (37)?
5. What did “eye for eye, tooth for tooth” mean (38; Lev 24:20)? What did Jesus teach, and with what examples (39-42)? How had they been taught to treat neighbors and enemies (43)? What did Jesus teach (44)? Why should we love our enemies (45-48)?
6. In view of Jesus’ teaching, what kind of people does he want us to be? How does his fulfilling the Law make this possible?
|419||John 3:16-36 God so loved the world||admin||2017.10.22||8|
|418||John 3:1-15 To See the Kingdom of God||admin||2017.10.15||25|
|417||John 2:12-25 Jesus is the Temple||M. PK||2017.10.08||34|
|416||John 2:1-11 "Jesus reveals his glory."||M. PK||2017.10.01||41|
|415||Johm 01:35-51 "We have found the Messiah."||M. PK||2017.09.24||45|
|414||John 1:19 -34 Look the Lamb of God||M. PK||2017.09.17||39|
|413||John 1:14-18 "The Word became Flesh"||M. PK||2017.09.10||48|
|412||John 1:1-13 "Jesus, The Light of Life"||M. PK||2017.09.03||42|
|411||Act :1-26 "The World Mission Command"||M. PK||2017.08.27||65|
|410||Mark 13:1-25 Preach the Gospel in this world||M. PK||2017.08.21||47|
|409||Luke 21:1-38 "The Son of Man Coming"||M. PK||2017.07.09||80|
|408||Luke 20:20-47 He is the God of the Living||M. PK||2017.07.02||56|
|407||Luke 20:1-19 Jesus The Rejected Stone, The Cornerstone||M. PK||2017.06.25||69|
|406||Luke 19:28-48 "Blessed is the King..."||M. PK||2017.06.18||65|
|405||Luke 19:11-27 "Put this money to work until Jesus returns."||M. PK||2017.06.11||67|
|404||Luke 19:1-10 Jesus came to seek and to save the lost.||M. PK||2017.06.04||70|
|403||Luke 18:31-43 "Son of Man, Son of David"||M. PK||2017.05.28||64|
|402||Luke 18:15-30 The Kingdom of God belongs to such as these||M. PK||2017.05.22||62|
|401||MT 5 Jesus came to fulfill the law||M. PK||2017.05.17||50|
|»||Mt5:17-48 Jesus came to fulfull the law||M. PK||2017.05.14||41|