ALWAYS PRAY AND NOT GIVE UP
Key Verse: 18:1
“Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up.”
1. Read verse 1. To whom does Jesus tell this parable? What does Jesus want his disciples to learn? In light of the previous passage (17:20-37), why should his disciples always pray and not give up?
2. How does Jesus describe the judge and the widow (2-3)? What was the widow’s plea and why did she keep coming with it? Why did the judge finally decide to give her justice (4-5)?
3. How is God different from this judge (6-8a)? What does God want his chosen ones to do as they face injustice? How can we keep crying out to God day and night until Jesus comes again (8b)?
4. To whom did Jesus address this parable (9)? How did Jesus contrast the Pharisee and tax collector (10-13)? What does this reveal about their views of God and of themselves? Who went home justified and why (14)?
5. In light of these two parables, what do we learn about God and prayer? How can you elevate your prayer life, personally and in community?
|»||Luke 18:1-14 "Always Pray and Not Give up."||M. PK||2017.05.07||66|
|398||Luke 17:2-37 "The Kingdom of God Coming Through The Son of Man"||M. PK||2017.04.30||57|
|397||Luke 17:2-37 "The Kingdom of God Coming Through The Son of Man"||M. PK||2017.05.01||60|
|396||Luke 17:11-19 "Your Faith Has Made Your Well."||M. PK||2017.04.23||89|
|395||Luke 24:36-53 "You are witnesses of these things."||M. PK||2017.04.16||67|
|394||Luke 22:39-62 "Not My Will, But Yours Be Done."||M. PK||2017.04.02||71|
|393||Luke 22:1-38 "The New Covenant"||M. PK||2017.03.26||81|
|392||Luke 17:1-10 "We are unworthy Servants."||M. PK||2017.03.19||106|
|391||Luke 16:14-31 "Let them Listen to Moses and the Prophets"||M. PK||2017.03.12||63|
|390||Luke 16:1-13 "Use Worldly Wealth To Gain Friends."||M. PK||2017.03.05||67|
|389||Luke 15:11-32 "The Parable Of The Forgiving Father"||M. PK||2017.02.26||72|
|388||Mark 10:32-45 Jesus' Servant Leadership||M. PK||2017.02.19||64|
|387||Luke 15:1-10 "Rejoice over one sinner who repents"||M. PK||2017.02.12||91|
|386||Luke 14:25-35 "The Cost of Being Jesus' Disciple"||M. PK||2017.02.05||74|
|385||Luke 14:01-24 "Bring In The Poor, The Crippled, The Blind, And The Lame"||M. PK||2017.01.29||90|
|384||Luke 13:22-25 "Make Every Effort To Enter Through The Narrow Door"||M. PK||2017.01.22||82|
|383||Luke 13:10-21 "Woman, You are set free from your infirmity."||M. PK||2017.01.08||84|
|382||Luke 12:54-13:9 "Unless you repent..."||M. PK||2017.01.02||102|
|381||1 Timothy 4:1-16 "Train yourself to be godly."||M. PK||2016.12.25||74|
|380||1 Timothy 4:1-16 "Train yourself to be godly."||M. PK||2017.01.02||60|