THE KINGDOM OF GOD COMING THROUGH THE SON OF MAN
Key Verses: 17:24-25
“For the Son of Man in his day will be like the lightning, which flashes and lights up the sky from one end to the other. But first he must suffer many things and be rejected by this generation.”
1. What did the Pharisees ask Jesus (20a)? How did Jesus correct their expectation and view of the kingdom (20b-21; Lk 7:29-30)? How can we experience the kingdom of God in our midst (Mk 1:15; Ac 2:42-47)?
2. Who did Jesus turn his attention to (22a)? What does it mean that they would “long to see one of the days of the Son of Man, but you will not see it” (22b)? How is this related to the kingdom of God?
3. What warning did Jesus give (23)? Read verses 24-25. What will the Son of Man be like in his day? Why is knowing this helpful to the vulnerable disciples? What must the Son of Man do “first” (Lk 24:26)? What does this mean to Jesus and his disciples?
4. What historical illustrations did Jesus give (26-29)? What is common about the days of Noah, Lot, and the day the Son of Man is revealed (30)? While waiting for the Son of Man to come, what should we not be attached to (31-32)?
5. How does Jesus teach us to live to preserve our lives (33; Lk 9:23-25)? On “that night” what happens (34-35)? On what basis would people be divided? What do you think verse 37 means? In light of Jesus’ teachings, how should we live?
|409||Luke 21:1-38 "The Son of Man Coming"||M. PK||2017.07.09||49|
|408||Luke 20:20-47 He is the God of the Living||M. PK||2017.07.02||29|
|407||Luke 20:1-19 Jesus The Rejected Stone, The Cornerstone||M. PK||2017.06.25||43|
|406||Luke 19:28-48 "Blessed is the King..."||M. PK||2017.06.18||35|
|405||Luke 19:11-27 "Put this money to work until Jesus returns."||M. PK||2017.06.11||41|
|404||Luke 19:1-10 Jesus came to seek and to save the lost.||M. PK||2017.06.04||46|
|403||Luke 18:31-43 "Son of Man, Son of David"||M. PK||2017.05.28||39|
|402||Luke 18:15-30 The Kingdom of God belongs to such as these||M. PK||2017.05.22||38|
|401||MT 5 Jesus came to fulfill the law||M. PK||2017.05.17||19|
|400||Mt5:17-48 Jesus came to fulfull the law||M. PK||2017.05.14||17|
|399||Luke 18:1-14 "Always Pray and Not Give up."||M. PK||2017.05.07||42|
|398||Luke 17:2-37 "The Kingdom of God Coming Through The Son of Man"||M. PK||2017.04.30||42|
|»||Luke 17:2-37 "The Kingdom of God Coming Through The Son of Man"||M. PK||2017.05.01||46|
|396||Luke 17:11-19 "Your Faith Has Made Your Well."||M. PK||2017.04.23||78|
|395||Luke 24:36-53 "You are witnesses of these things."||M. PK||2017.04.16||58|
|394||Luke 22:39-62 "Not My Will, But Yours Be Done."||M. PK||2017.04.02||64|
|393||Luke 22:1-38 "The New Covenant"||M. PK||2017.03.26||71|
|392||Luke 17:1-10 "We are unworthy Servants."||M. PK||2017.03.19||89|
|391||Luke 16:14-31 "Let them Listen to Moses and the Prophets"||M. PK||2017.03.12||56|
|390||Luke 16:1-13 "Use Worldly Wealth To Gain Friends."||M. PK||2017.03.05||62|