YOU ARE WITNESSES OF THESE THINGS
Key Verse: 24:48
“You are witnesses of these things.”
1. How did Jesus reveal himself to the Eleven and those with them (36)? How did they react (37,41)? How did Jesus help them believe his bodily resurrection (38-43)? Why is it important for us to believe this (1Co 15:42-44)?
2. What did Jesus help them to remember (44a; 9:22,44; 17:25; 18:31-33; 22:19-20)? What did Jesus teach them from the Scriptures about himself (44b; Ge 22:18; Isa 53:4,5; Ps 16:8-11)? What is the significance of “must be fulfilled”?
3. How did Jesus help them to understand the Scriptures (45; 1Co 2:14)? What did Jesus specifically explain that the Messiah fulfilled in Scripture (46)? What is God’s salvation plan for all nations (47)?
4. Read verse 48. What does it mean to be a witness? What did Jesus promise that would enable them to do this (49)? How are you participating in God’s plan and vision as a witness of Jesus?
5. What hope does Jesus’ ascension plant in his disciples’ hearts (50-51)? What did the disciples do after this (52-53)?
|409||Luke 21:1-38 "The Son of Man Coming"||M. PK||2017.07.09||49|
|408||Luke 20:20-47 He is the God of the Living||M. PK||2017.07.02||29|
|407||Luke 20:1-19 Jesus The Rejected Stone, The Cornerstone||M. PK||2017.06.25||43|
|406||Luke 19:28-48 "Blessed is the King..."||M. PK||2017.06.18||35|
|405||Luke 19:11-27 "Put this money to work until Jesus returns."||M. PK||2017.06.11||41|
|404||Luke 19:1-10 Jesus came to seek and to save the lost.||M. PK||2017.06.04||46|
|403||Luke 18:31-43 "Son of Man, Son of David"||M. PK||2017.05.28||39|
|402||Luke 18:15-30 The Kingdom of God belongs to such as these||M. PK||2017.05.22||38|
|401||MT 5 Jesus came to fulfill the law||M. PK||2017.05.17||19|
|400||Mt5:17-48 Jesus came to fulfull the law||M. PK||2017.05.14||17|
|399||Luke 18:1-14 "Always Pray and Not Give up."||M. PK||2017.05.07||42|
|398||Luke 17:2-37 "The Kingdom of God Coming Through The Son of Man"||M. PK||2017.04.30||42|
|397||Luke 17:2-37 "The Kingdom of God Coming Through The Son of Man"||M. PK||2017.05.01||46|
|396||Luke 17:11-19 "Your Faith Has Made Your Well."||M. PK||2017.04.23||78|
|»||Luke 24:36-53 "You are witnesses of these things."||M. PK||2017.04.16||58|
|394||Luke 22:39-62 "Not My Will, But Yours Be Done."||M. PK||2017.04.02||64|
|393||Luke 22:1-38 "The New Covenant"||M. PK||2017.03.26||71|
|392||Luke 17:1-10 "We are unworthy Servants."||M. PK||2017.03.19||89|
|391||Luke 16:14-31 "Let them Listen to Moses and the Prophets"||M. PK||2017.03.12||56|
|390||Luke 16:1-13 "Use Worldly Wealth To Gain Friends."||M. PK||2017.03.05||62|