YOU ARE WITNESSES OF THESE THINGS
Key Verse: 24:48
“You are witnesses of these things.”
1. How did Jesus reveal himself to the Eleven and those with them (36)? How did they react (37,41)? How did Jesus help them believe his bodily resurrection (38-43)? Why is it important for us to believe this (1Co 15:42-44)?
2. What did Jesus help them to remember (44a; 9:22,44; 17:25; 18:31-33; 22:19-20)? What did Jesus teach them from the Scriptures about himself (44b; Ge 22:18; Isa 53:4,5; Ps 16:8-11)? What is the significance of “must be fulfilled”?
3. How did Jesus help them to understand the Scriptures (45; 1Co 2:14)? What did Jesus specifically explain that the Messiah fulfilled in Scripture (46)? What is God’s salvation plan for all nations (47)?
4. Read verse 48. What does it mean to be a witness? What did Jesus promise that would enable them to do this (49)? How are you participating in God’s plan and vision as a witness of Jesus?
5. What hope does Jesus’ ascension plant in his disciples’ hearts (50-51)? What did the disciples do after this (52-53)?
|402||Luke 18:15-30 The Kingdom of God belongs to such as these||M. PK||2017.05.22||71|
|401||MT 5 Jesus came to fulfill the law||M. PK||2017.05.17||58|
|400||Mt5:17-48 Jesus came to fulfull the law||M. PK||2017.05.14||47|
|399||Luke 18:1-14 "Always Pray and Not Give up."||M. PK||2017.05.07||71|
|398||Luke 17:2-37 "The Kingdom of God Coming Through The Son of Man"||M. PK||2017.04.30||70|
|397||Luke 17:2-37 "The Kingdom of God Coming Through The Son of Man"||M. PK||2017.04.30||64|
|396||Luke 17:11-19 "Your Faith Has Made Your Well."||M. PK||2017.04.23||97|
|»||Luke 24:36-53 "You are witnesses of these things."||M. PK||2017.04.16||75|
|394||Luke 22:39-62 "Not My Will, But Yours Be Done."||M. PK||2017.04.02||77|
|393||Luke 22:1-38 "The New Covenant"||M. PK||2017.03.26||85|
|392||Luke 17:1-10 "We are unworthy Servants."||M. PK||2017.03.19||112|
|391||Luke 16:14-31 "Let them Listen to Moses and the Prophets"||M. PK||2017.03.12||71|
|390||Luke 16:1-13 "Use Worldly Wealth To Gain Friends."||M. PK||2017.03.05||75|
|389||Luke 15:11-32 "The Parable Of The Forgiving Father"||M. PK||2017.02.26||77|
|388||Mark 10:32-45 Jesus' Servant Leadership||M. PK||2017.02.19||70|
|387||Luke 15:1-10 "Rejoice over one sinner who repents"||M. PK||2017.02.12||95|
|386||Luke 14:25-35 "The Cost of Being Jesus' Disciple"||M. PK||2017.02.05||78|
|385||Luke 14:01-24 "Bring In The Poor, The Crippled, The Blind, And The Lame"||M. PK||2017.01.29||95|
|384||Luke 13:22-25 "Make Every Effort To Enter Through The Narrow Door"||M. PK||2017.01.22||86|
|383||Luke 13:10-21 "Woman, You are set free from your infirmity."||M. PK||2017.01.08||90|