“NOT MY WILL, BUT YOURS BE DONE”
Key Verse: 22:42
“Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done.”
1. Where did Jesus and his disciples go (39)? What does “as usual” suggest (21:37)? Why did Jesus ask his disciples to pray at this moment (40,46)? What did Jesus do (41)?
2. Read verse 42. What is the significance of addressing God as Father? What was Jesus’ prayer topic? What was the Father’s will (Lk 9:22-23)? Why was this difficult? Who helped him and why (43)? How did he struggle (44)?
3. In contrast to Jesus, what were the disciples doing (45)? Why were they exhausted? What do we learn here about the importance of prayer in dealing with temptation (46; Lk 11:4b)?
4. How did Judas betray Jesus (47)? Why did Jesus use the phrase “Son of Man” when warning Judas (48)? How did Jesus’ followers reveal their lack of prayer (49-50)? What does Jesus’ response reveal about him (51-53)?
5. How did Peter express his loyalty to Jesus (54-55)? When confronted, what did Peter do repeatedly (56-60)? In the midst of trial, what did Jesus do (61a)? How did this affect Peter (61b-62)?
|409||Luke 21:1-38 "The Son of Man Coming"||M. PK||2017.07.09||49|
|408||Luke 20:20-47 He is the God of the Living||M. PK||2017.07.02||29|
|407||Luke 20:1-19 Jesus The Rejected Stone, The Cornerstone||M. PK||2017.06.25||43|
|406||Luke 19:28-48 "Blessed is the King..."||M. PK||2017.06.18||35|
|405||Luke 19:11-27 "Put this money to work until Jesus returns."||M. PK||2017.06.11||41|
|404||Luke 19:1-10 Jesus came to seek and to save the lost.||M. PK||2017.06.04||46|
|403||Luke 18:31-43 "Son of Man, Son of David"||M. PK||2017.05.28||39|
|402||Luke 18:15-30 The Kingdom of God belongs to such as these||M. PK||2017.05.22||38|
|401||MT 5 Jesus came to fulfill the law||M. PK||2017.05.17||19|
|400||Mt5:17-48 Jesus came to fulfull the law||M. PK||2017.05.14||17|
|399||Luke 18:1-14 "Always Pray and Not Give up."||M. PK||2017.05.07||42|
|398||Luke 17:2-37 "The Kingdom of God Coming Through The Son of Man"||M. PK||2017.04.30||42|
|397||Luke 17:2-37 "The Kingdom of God Coming Through The Son of Man"||M. PK||2017.05.01||46|
|396||Luke 17:11-19 "Your Faith Has Made Your Well."||M. PK||2017.04.23||78|
|395||Luke 24:36-53 "You are witnesses of these things."||M. PK||2017.04.16||58|
|»||Luke 22:39-62 "Not My Will, But Yours Be Done."||M. PK||2017.04.02||64|
|393||Luke 22:1-38 "The New Covenant"||M. PK||2017.03.26||71|
|392||Luke 17:1-10 "We are unworthy Servants."||M. PK||2017.03.19||89|
|391||Luke 16:14-31 "Let them Listen to Moses and the Prophets"||M. PK||2017.03.12||56|
|390||Luke 16:1-13 "Use Worldly Wealth To Gain Friends."||M. PK||2017.03.05||62|