THE NEW COVENANT
Key verse 22:20
“In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, ‘This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.’”
1. What did the Passover celebration commemorate (1; Ex 13:3, 7-10)? What were the religious leaders doing (2)? What did Judas do and why (3-6)?
2. What instructions did Jesus give to prepare the Passover (7-13)? Why did Jesus prepare in this way (14-16)?
3. How did Jesus explain the meaning of the first cup (17-18)? What hope would this give them? Read verses 19-20. What does the broken bread and the cup mean (Jn 6:53-56)? What is the meaning of “the new covenant in my blood” (Jer 31:31-34; Heb 9:14-15)?
4. What sad and shocking prophecy did Jesus make (21-23)? What did the disciples dispute about and why (24)? How should the disciples’ mindest be different from Gentile rulers (25-27a)? How did Jesus set the example (27b)?
5. What privilege and hope did Jesus give to his disciples (28-30)? How were the disciples vulnerable and how did Jesus pray for and help Simon (31-34)? How did Jesus help them prepare for what was coming based on the Scriptures (35-38; Isa 53:12)?
|402||Luke 18:15-30 The Kingdom of God belongs to such as these||M. PK||2017.05.22||69|
|401||MT 5 Jesus came to fulfill the law||M. PK||2017.05.17||56|
|400||Mt5:17-48 Jesus came to fulfull the law||M. PK||2017.05.14||45|
|399||Luke 18:1-14 "Always Pray and Not Give up."||M. PK||2017.05.07||69|
|398||Luke 17:2-37 "The Kingdom of God Coming Through The Son of Man"||M. PK||2017.04.30||61|
|397||Luke 17:2-37 "The Kingdom of God Coming Through The Son of Man"||M. PK||2017.04.30||62|
|396||Luke 17:11-19 "Your Faith Has Made Your Well."||M. PK||2017.04.23||95|
|395||Luke 24:36-53 "You are witnesses of these things."||M. PK||2017.04.16||73|
|394||Luke 22:39-62 "Not My Will, But Yours Be Done."||M. PK||2017.04.02||74|
|»||Luke 22:1-38 "The New Covenant"||M. PK||2017.03.26||83|
|392||Luke 17:1-10 "We are unworthy Servants."||M. PK||2017.03.19||110|
|391||Luke 16:14-31 "Let them Listen to Moses and the Prophets"||M. PK||2017.03.12||69|
|390||Luke 16:1-13 "Use Worldly Wealth To Gain Friends."||M. PK||2017.03.05||71|
|389||Luke 15:11-32 "The Parable Of The Forgiving Father"||M. PK||2017.02.26||75|
|388||Mark 10:32-45 Jesus' Servant Leadership||M. PK||2017.02.19||68|
|387||Luke 15:1-10 "Rejoice over one sinner who repents"||M. PK||2017.02.12||93|
|386||Luke 14:25-35 "The Cost of Being Jesus' Disciple"||M. PK||2017.02.05||76|
|385||Luke 14:01-24 "Bring In The Poor, The Crippled, The Blind, And The Lame"||M. PK||2017.01.29||92|
|384||Luke 13:22-25 "Make Every Effort To Enter Through The Narrow Door"||M. PK||2017.01.22||84|
|383||Luke 13:10-21 "Woman, You are set free from your infirmity."||M. PK||2017.01.08||87|