“WE ARE UNWORTHY SERVANTS”
Key Verse: 17:10
“So you also, when you have done everything you were told to do, should say, ‘We are unworthy servants; we have only done our duty.’”
1. What warning did Jesus give his disciples (1)? How serious is it to cause little ones to sin (2)? Who are the little ones in our community? Why is it important to “watch yourselves” (3a; Ac 20:28)?
2. How should we deal with brothers or sisters who sin against us (3b; 2Ti 4:2)? When they repent, how many times must we forgive, and why (4; Mt 18:32-33)? How do Jesus’ teachings establish a healthy Christian community?
3. How did the apostles respond to Jesus’ teachings (5)? How was this a proper response? Why do we need faith in order to practice Jesus’ teachings about sin and forgiveness? How did Jesus challenge and encourage his disciples (6)?
4. Read verses 7-10. What is the servant’s job? What would he never expect after coming in from a hard day’s work in the field? Rather, what would he expect? What should servants of God learn from this?
5. Read verse 10 again. What does it mean to have the mindset of an unworthy servant? What hinders us? How can we do this (1Co 15:10)?
|402||Luke 18:15-30 The Kingdom of God belongs to such as these||M. PK||2017.05.22||69|
|401||MT 5 Jesus came to fulfill the law||M. PK||2017.05.17||56|
|400||Mt5:17-48 Jesus came to fulfull the law||M. PK||2017.05.14||45|
|399||Luke 18:1-14 "Always Pray and Not Give up."||M. PK||2017.05.07||69|
|398||Luke 17:2-37 "The Kingdom of God Coming Through The Son of Man"||M. PK||2017.04.30||61|
|397||Luke 17:2-37 "The Kingdom of God Coming Through The Son of Man"||M. PK||2017.04.30||62|
|396||Luke 17:11-19 "Your Faith Has Made Your Well."||M. PK||2017.04.23||95|
|395||Luke 24:36-53 "You are witnesses of these things."||M. PK||2017.04.16||73|
|394||Luke 22:39-62 "Not My Will, But Yours Be Done."||M. PK||2017.04.02||74|
|393||Luke 22:1-38 "The New Covenant"||M. PK||2017.03.26||83|
|»||Luke 17:1-10 "We are unworthy Servants."||M. PK||2017.03.19||110|
|391||Luke 16:14-31 "Let them Listen to Moses and the Prophets"||M. PK||2017.03.12||69|
|390||Luke 16:1-13 "Use Worldly Wealth To Gain Friends."||M. PK||2017.03.05||71|
|389||Luke 15:11-32 "The Parable Of The Forgiving Father"||M. PK||2017.02.26||75|
|388||Mark 10:32-45 Jesus' Servant Leadership||M. PK||2017.02.19||68|
|387||Luke 15:1-10 "Rejoice over one sinner who repents"||M. PK||2017.02.12||93|
|386||Luke 14:25-35 "The Cost of Being Jesus' Disciple"||M. PK||2017.02.05||76|
|385||Luke 14:01-24 "Bring In The Poor, The Crippled, The Blind, And The Lame"||M. PK||2017.01.29||92|
|384||Luke 13:22-25 "Make Every Effort To Enter Through The Narrow Door"||M. PK||2017.01.22||84|
|383||Luke 13:10-21 "Woman, You are set free from your infirmity."||M. PK||2017.01.08||87|