USE WORLDLY WEALTH TO GAIN FRIENDS
Key Verse: 16:9
“I tell you, use worldly wealth to gain friends for yourselves, so that when it is gone, you will be welcomed into eternal dwellings.”
1. To whom did Jesus tell a parable and why (1a,14)? For what reason did the rich man decide to fire his manager (1b-2)?
2. How did the manager analyze his situation, and what did he do (3-7)? What can we learn from him in confronting a crisis? In what sense was he commended by his master (8a)?
3. How does Jesus contrast people of this world and people of the light, and what does he want us to learn (8b)? Read verse 9. How did Jesus encourage his people to use worldly wealth? What kind of value system did Jesus teach his disciples to have?
4. How should people of the light be different than the dishonest manager (10-12)? What essential character trait should mark people of the light (1Co 4:2)? What is the result of being trustworthy?
5. What danger is involved in handling worldly wealth (13)? Why is it impossible for anyone to serve two masters, especially both God and money? What can we learn about using money in serving God?
|398||Luke 17:2-37 "The Kingdom of God Coming Through The Son of Man"||M. PK||2017.04.30||57|
|397||Luke 17:2-37 "The Kingdom of God Coming Through The Son of Man"||M. PK||2017.05.01||60|
|396||Luke 17:11-19 "Your Faith Has Made Your Well."||M. PK||2017.04.23||89|
|395||Luke 24:36-53 "You are witnesses of these things."||M. PK||2017.04.16||67|
|394||Luke 22:39-62 "Not My Will, But Yours Be Done."||M. PK||2017.04.02||71|
|393||Luke 22:1-38 "The New Covenant"||M. PK||2017.03.26||81|
|392||Luke 17:1-10 "We are unworthy Servants."||M. PK||2017.03.19||106|
|391||Luke 16:14-31 "Let them Listen to Moses and the Prophets"||M. PK||2017.03.12||63|
|»||Luke 16:1-13 "Use Worldly Wealth To Gain Friends."||M. PK||2017.03.05||67|
|389||Luke 15:11-32 "The Parable Of The Forgiving Father"||M. PK||2017.02.26||72|
|388||Mark 10:32-45 Jesus' Servant Leadership||M. PK||2017.02.19||63|
|387||Luke 15:1-10 "Rejoice over one sinner who repents"||M. PK||2017.02.12||82|
|386||Luke 14:25-35 "The Cost of Being Jesus' Disciple"||M. PK||2017.02.05||73|
|385||Luke 14:01-24 "Bring In The Poor, The Crippled, The Blind, And The Lame"||M. PK||2017.01.29||90|
|384||Luke 13:22-25 "Make Every Effort To Enter Through The Narrow Door"||M. PK||2017.01.22||82|
|383||Luke 13:10-21 "Woman, You are set free from your infirmity."||M. PK||2017.01.08||84|
|382||Luke 12:54-13:9 "Unless you repent..."||M. PK||2017.01.02||102|
|381||1 Timothy 4:1-16 "Train yourself to be godly."||M. PK||2016.12.25||74|
|380||1 Timothy 4:1-16 "Train yourself to be godly."||M. PK||2017.01.02||60|
|379||1 Timonthy 6:3-21 "Fight The Good Fight Of The Faith"||M. PK||2016.12.18||89|