THE PARABLE OF THE FORGIVING FATHER
Key Verses: 15:31,32
“‘My son,’ the father said, ‘you are always with me, and everything I have is yours. But we had to celebrate and be glad, because this brother of yours was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’”
1. Read verses 11-13. What did the younger son want? Why? Why did his father give him what he wanted? What did the younger son do with his freedom? What does this teach about God and man?
2. Read verses 14-16. What happened when a famine struck the land? What did he do to fill his hungry stomach?
3. Read verses 17-20a. What shows that the younger son hit the bottom? What did he remember and what did he decide to do?
4. Read verses 20b-24. Describe the son’s repentance and the father’s welcome. How did the father describe his son’s return? How did he restore him to sonship? How does this reveal the heart of God?
5. Read verses 25-32. How did the older brother react when he heard the music and dancing and feasting? How was his view of his brother different from that of his father? What was his relationship with his father? How was he like the Pharisees?
|»||Luke 15:11-32 "The Parable Of The Forgiving Father"||M. PK||2017.02.26||68|
|388||Mark 10:32-45 Jesus' Servant Leadership||M. PK||2017.02.19||58|
|387||Luke 15:1-10 "Rejoice over one sinner who repents"||M. PK||2017.02.12||77|
|386||Luke 14:25-35 "The Cost of Being Jesus' Disciple"||M. PK||2017.02.05||69|
|385||Luke 14:01-24 "Bring In The Poor, The Crippled, The Blind, And The Lame"||M. PK||2017.01.29||85|
|384||Luke 13:22-25 "Make Every Effort To Enter Through The Narrow Door"||M. PK||2017.01.22||77|
|383||Luke 13:10-21 "Woman, You are set free from your infirmity."||M. PK||2017.01.08||80|
|382||Luke 12:54-13:9 "Unless you repent..."||M. PK||2017.01.02||98|
|381||1 Timothy 4:1-16 "Train yourself to be godly."||M. PK||2016.12.25||66|
|380||1 Timothy 4:1-16 "Train yourself to be godly."||M. PK||2017.01.02||54|
|379||1 Timonthy 6:3-21 "Fight The Good Fight Of The Faith"||M. PK||2016.12.18||83|
|378||Luke 01:57-80 "God has come and redeemed his people"||M. PK||2016.12.11||68|
|377||Matthew 2:1-12 "A Shepherd For My People||M. PK||2016.12.04||79|
|376||Matthew 1:18-25 "They Will Call Him Immanuel"||M. PK||2016.11.27||72|
|375||Ephesians 5:1-20 "Always Give Thanks to God the Father for Everything"||M. PK||2016.11.20||71|
|374||2016 Thanksgiving "Rejoice in the Lord always" - Ph4:1-23||M. PK||2016.11.13||86|
|373||Luke 12:35-53 "The Faithful And Wise Manager"||M. PK||2016.11.06||74|
|372||Luke 12:22-34 "But Seek His Kingdom."||M. PK||2016.10.30||90|
|371||Luke 12:13-21 "The Parable of the Rich Fool."||M. PK||2016.10.23||74|
|370||Luke 12:01-12 "Fear God, Not People"||M. PK||2016.10.16||88|