REJOICE OVER ONE SINNER WHO REPENTS
Key Verse: 15:7
“I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.”
1. What kind of people were gathering around Jesus and why (1)? What can we learn about Jesus here? How did the Pharisees and teachers of the law respond (2)? What does this reveal about their view of Jesus and sinners?
2. What parable did Jesus teach and how might it appeal to them (3-6)? Why does the shepherd go after the lost sheep? What does “until he finds it” imply? How did the shepherd express his joy rather than rebuking the sheep?
3. Read verse 7. What contrast did Jesus make? For what does God rejoice? What does the parable teach about God’s shepherd’s heart?
4. What second parable did Jesus tell (8-9)? What did the woman do to find her lost coin, and after finding it? What did the coin mean to her? How does her heart reflect God’s heart (10)?
5. How do these parables explain Jesus welcoming sinners? How should we respond to Jesus’ teaching and others’ repentance?
|406||Luke 19:28-48 "Blessed is the King..."||M. PK||2017.06.18||6|
|405||Luke 19:11-27 "Put this money to work until Jesus returns."||M. PK||2017.06.11||22|
|404||Luke 19:1-10 Jesus came to seek and to save the lost.||M. PK||2017.06.04||34|
|403||Luke 18:31-43 "Son of Man, Son of David"||M. PK||2017.05.28||29|
|402||Luke 18:15-30 The Kingdom of God belongs to such as these||M. PK||2017.05.22||29|
|401||MT 5 Jesus came to fulfill the law||M. PK||2017.05.17||10|
|400||Mt5:17-48 Jesus came to fulfull the law||M. PK||2017.05.14||9|
|399||Luke 18:1-14 "Always Pray and Not Give up."||M. PK||2017.05.07||32|
|398||Luke 17:2-37 "The Kingdom of God Coming Through The Son of Man"||M. PK||2017.04.30||34|
|397||Luke 17:2-37 "The Kingdom of God Coming Through The Son of Man"||M. PK||2017.05.01||36|
|396||Luke 17:11-19 "Your Faith Has Made Your Well."||M. PK||2017.04.23||67|
|395||Luke 24:36-53 "You are witnesses of these things."||M. PK||2017.04.16||48|
|394||Luke 22:39-62 "Not My Will, But Yours Be Done."||M. PK||2017.04.02||53|
|393||Luke 22:1-38 "The New Covenant"||M. PK||2017.03.26||64|
|392||Luke 17:1-10 "We are unworthy Servants."||M. PK||2017.03.19||77|
|391||Luke 16:14-31 "Let them Listen to Moses and the Prophets"||M. PK||2017.03.12||48|
|390||Luke 16:1-13 "Use Worldly Wealth To Gain Friends."||M. PK||2017.03.05||52|
|389||Luke 15:11-32 "The Parable Of The Forgiving Father"||M. PK||2017.02.26||62|
|388||Mark 10:32-45 Jesus' Servant Leadership||M. PK||2017.02.19||54|
|»||Luke 15:1-10 "Rejoice over one sinner who repents"||M. PK||2017.02.12||71|