REJOICE OVER ONE SINNER WHO REPENTS
Key Verse: 15:7
“I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.”
1. What kind of people were gathering around Jesus and why (1)? What can we learn about Jesus here? How did the Pharisees and teachers of the law respond (2)? What does this reveal about their view of Jesus and sinners?
2. What parable did Jesus teach and how might it appeal to them (3-6)? Why does the shepherd go after the lost sheep? What does “until he finds it” imply? How did the shepherd express his joy rather than rebuking the sheep?
3. Read verse 7. What contrast did Jesus make? For what does God rejoice? What does the parable teach about God’s shepherd’s heart?
4. What second parable did Jesus tell (8-9)? What did the woman do to find her lost coin, and after finding it? What did the coin mean to her? How does her heart reflect God’s heart (10)?
5. How do these parables explain Jesus welcoming sinners? How should we respond to Jesus’ teaching and others’ repentance?
|389||Luke 15:11-32 "The Parable Of The Forgiving Father"||M. PK||2017.02.26||68|
|388||Mark 10:32-45 Jesus' Servant Leadership||M. PK||2017.02.19||58|
|»||Luke 15:1-10 "Rejoice over one sinner who repents"||M. PK||2017.02.12||77|
|386||Luke 14:25-35 "The Cost of Being Jesus' Disciple"||M. PK||2017.02.05||69|
|385||Luke 14:01-24 "Bring In The Poor, The Crippled, The Blind, And The Lame"||M. PK||2017.01.29||85|
|384||Luke 13:22-25 "Make Every Effort To Enter Through The Narrow Door"||M. PK||2017.01.22||77|
|383||Luke 13:10-21 "Woman, You are set free from your infirmity."||M. PK||2017.01.08||80|
|382||Luke 12:54-13:9 "Unless you repent..."||M. PK||2017.01.02||98|
|381||1 Timothy 4:1-16 "Train yourself to be godly."||M. PK||2016.12.25||66|
|380||1 Timothy 4:1-16 "Train yourself to be godly."||M. PK||2017.01.02||54|
|379||1 Timonthy 6:3-21 "Fight The Good Fight Of The Faith"||M. PK||2016.12.18||83|
|378||Luke 01:57-80 "God has come and redeemed his people"||M. PK||2016.12.11||68|
|377||Matthew 2:1-12 "A Shepherd For My People||M. PK||2016.12.04||79|
|376||Matthew 1:18-25 "They Will Call Him Immanuel"||M. PK||2016.11.27||72|
|375||Ephesians 5:1-20 "Always Give Thanks to God the Father for Everything"||M. PK||2016.11.20||71|
|374||2016 Thanksgiving "Rejoice in the Lord always" - Ph4:1-23||M. PK||2016.11.13||86|
|373||Luke 12:35-53 "The Faithful And Wise Manager"||M. PK||2016.11.06||74|
|372||Luke 12:22-34 "But Seek His Kingdom."||M. PK||2016.10.30||90|
|371||Luke 12:13-21 "The Parable of the Rich Fool."||M. PK||2016.10.23||74|
|370||Luke 12:01-12 "Fear God, Not People"||M. PK||2016.10.16||88|