The Good Samaritan
“The expert in the law replied, ‘The one who had mercy on him.’ Jesus told him, ‘Go and do likewise.’”
1. Read verse 25. What did the expert in the law ask Jesus? Why? What problem did he have in his heart? Read verse 26. With what question did Jesus counter? What does this reveal about Jesus’ attitude toward the Law and toward the man?
2. Read verses 27-28. What was the expert’s answer? How did Jesus respond? Why was it correct? (Dt ; Lev ; 1Jn ) What now did the man need to do? How would this solve his inner problem?
3. Read verse 29. What was the man’s second question? Why did he ask it? What does this show about him? What answer do you think he wanted? (Jn ,22) Jesus replied with a parable.
4. Read verses 30-32. In the parable, what happened to the man going from
5. Read verses 33-35. Why did the Samaritan stop when he saw the man? How did the Samaritan help the injured man? What did he lose in time, money and effort to help this man? What were the dangers involved? What does this show about the Samaritan? How is he different from the religious leaders?
6. Read verses 36-37. What was Jesus’ last question? And the expert’s honest answer? How is this related to verse 28? Why do you think Jesus chose a Samaritan to be the hero of this story? How can you and I “go and do likewise”?
|80||Luke 18:15-30 To Receive Eternal Life // August 15, 2010||Abraham Lee||2010.08.10||5997|
|79||Luke 18:1-14 Don't Give Up; Pray! // August 8. 2010 ||Abraham Lee||2010.08.02||7325|
|78||Luke 17:20-37 The Kingdom of God is Within You // August 1. 2010||Abraham Lee||2010.07.26||6077|
|77||Luke 17:11-19 Jesus Blesses A Thankful Man // July 25. 2010 ||Abraham Lee||2010.07.20||6867|
|76||Luke 17:1-10 The Attitude of an Unworthy Servant // July 18. 2010||Abraham Lee||2010.07.12||6129|
|75||Luke 16:19-31 Jesus Teaches About Our Eternal Destiny // July 11. 2010 ||Abraham Lee||2010.07.05||8975|
|74||Luke 16:1-18 Love God and Use Money Accordingly // July 4. 2010||Abraham Lee||2010.06.28||6232|
|73||Luke 15:1-32 God Rejoices When One Sinner Repents // June 27. 2010||Abraham Lee||2010.06.22||6191|
|72||Luke 14:1-35 The Great Banquet In The Kingdom of God // June 20, 2010||Abraham Lee||2010.06.14||6528|
|71||Luke 13:18-35 Jesus Teaches About the Kingdom of God // June 13, 2010||Abraham Lee||2010.06.07||6085|
|70||Luke 13:1-17 Jesus Preaches Repentance and Heals a Crippled Woman // June 6. 2010||Abraham Lee||2010.06.01||6642|
|69||Luke 12:35-59 Be Ready, Be Faithful, Be Rewarded // May 30. 2010||Abraham Lee||2010.05.24||6098|
|68||Luke 12:13-34 God is Pleased to Give Us His Kingdom // May 23. 2010||Abraham Lee||2010.05.17||6274|
|67||Luke 12:1-12 Fear God, Not People // May 16. 2010 ||Abraham Lee||2010.05.11||6735|
|66||Luke 11:29-54 Living Joyfully in the Light of Jesus // May 9. 2010||Abraham Lee||2010.05.03||6117|
|65||Luke 11:14-28 The Finger of God // May 2. 2010||Abraham Lee||2010.04.26||6489|
|64||Luke 11:1-13 The Lord’s Prayer // April 25. 2010 ||Abraham Lee||2010.04.19||7678|
|63||Luke 10:38-42 Only One Thing is Needed // April 18. 2010 ||Abraham Lee||2010.04.13||7562|
|»||Luke 10:25-37 The Good Samaritan // April 11. 2010 ||Abraham Lee||2010.04.06||7967|
|61||1 Corinthians 15:35-58 THE GLORY OF THE RESURRECTION // March.28. 2010||Abraham Lee||2010.03.22||5708|