Enter the Bible passage (e.g. John 3:16), keyword (e.g. Jesus) or topic (e.g. salvation) you want to find.
The Good Samaritan
“The expert in the law replied, ‘The one who had mercy on him.’ Jesus told him, ‘Go and do likewise.’”
1. Read verse 25. What did the expert in the law ask Jesus? Why? What problem did he have in his heart? Read verse 26. With what question did Jesus counter? What does this reveal about Jesus’ attitude toward the Law and toward the man?
2. Read verses 27-28. What was the expert’s answer? How did Jesus respond? Why was it correct? (Dt ; Lev ; 1Jn ) What now did the man need to do? How would this solve his inner problem?
3. Read verse 29. What was the man’s second question? Why did he ask it? What does this show about him? What answer do you think he wanted? (Jn ,22) Jesus replied with a parable.
4. Read verses 30-32. In the parable, what happened to the man going from
5. Read verses 33-35. Why did the Samaritan stop when he saw the man? How did the Samaritan help the injured man? What did he lose in time, money and effort to help this man? What were the dangers involved? What does this show about the Samaritan? How is he different from the religious leaders?
6. Read verses 36-37. What was Jesus’ last question? And the expert’s honest answer? How is this related to verse 28? Why do you think Jesus chose a Samaritan to be the hero of this story? How can you and I “go and do likewise”?